Medical Weight Loss
Medical weight loss is far more than a simple diet plan. It’s a science-based way to lose, manage and maintain a healthy weight that’s safe, effective and closely monitored by your physician. Programs are offered for adolescents and adults in a friendly environment.
Being overweight isn’t just about looking good – it helps protect you from a variety of chronic illnesses and disease ranging from diabetes and high blood pressure to heart disease and cancer. Many have turned to invasive and potentially dangerous surgeries when traditional methods don’t work for them.
Medical weigh loss programs address the individual needs of each person, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Each individual is different and medical weight loss addresses those differences with a personalized program that’s healthy and based on the most advanced science available.
With a medical weight loss program, you’re not alone. You receive support every step of the way and it’s not a temporary “fix.” It’s a program that provides everything needed for weight loss and ongoing health.
How do I begin my weight loss journey?
You’ll begin your journey to a new you with a consultation with a physician who specializes in weight management and loss. A variety of information will be collected that will help your clinician develop a customized weight loss program just for you. The doctor will review your:
- Medical history
- Social and family history
- Nutritional status
You’ll receive a physical exam that includes your weight, height and body mass index (BMI). The information will be reviewed and one week later you’ll return to speak with the physician and receive a weight loss program that will be tailored to your individual needs.
As part of your custom program, you’ll be provided with a dietary regimen, a food diary, reading material and information to ensure success, and a grocery list to help you acclimate quickly to the program. You don’t have to worry or wonder about what foods to buy.
Each week, you’ll visit to have your weight checked, blood pressure assessed, and consult with a nurse. The visits are designed to:
- Monitor your overall health
- Program compliance
- Nutritional intake
- Weight loss
That information will be evaluated by your medical weight loss physician for any needed changes or adjustments to your individualized plan.
Ways to help you achieve your weight loss goals
The goal of every weight loss program is your personal success. To help you attain your goals, a variety of products are available to make your weight loss easier. Products include:
- HCG – is a naturally occurring hormone that helps decrease hunger, cravings, and enables faster weight loss that leaves your muscle mass intact. HCG doesn’t increase your metabolism, working instead on the brain centers that govern hunger so you don’t feel hungry, deprived or fatigued. It also helps reduce abnormal fat stores in areas of the body that tend to release fat more slowly, including the abdomen, thighs and hips.
- Appetite suppressants – FDA approved for safety, they aid in curbing hunger, appetite and portion size. They’re effective for helping you make the transition to healthier eating habits and lifestyle changes.
- Vitamin B12 injections – Vitamin B12 helps you maintain energy levels for a more active lifestyle and is essential for the body to break down proteins and fats. The vitamin helps fight depression and stress that people often experience about their weight gain. Vitamin B12 has additional benefits to maintain muscle tone, protect the lining of the digestive tract, enhance nervous system and liver function, and for your hair, skin and eyes.
- Multivitamins – Even if you eat right, it can be difficult to obtain the needed nutrients. Your medical weight loss specialist may add multivitamins to your program. The specialized vitamins contain ingredients that aid in stabilizing blood sugar levels and curbing appetite that eases cravings for sweets and carbohydrates.
- Protein supplements & meal replacements – It can be extremely difficult to learn which foods are best and hectic lives can leave little time to prepare proper meals. Your medical weight loss doctor offers supplements and meal replacements that are convenient, provide appropriate nutrition and are specially designed for medical weight loss needs.
Making your weight loss a reality
Available for men, women and adolescents, customized medical weight loss programs are based on the most advanced scientific knowledge to help you achieve a healthy weight and manage it comfortably.
Medical weight loss isn’t an ordinary diet or exercise plan that requires you to wait months to see results. Programs are designed for the quickest and safest weight loss results possible while maintaining your muscle mass for a lifetime of health.
Serving Smyrna, Vinings, Mableton & greater Northwest Atlanta
For same day appointments please call us at (770) 431-2322. We make every effort to respond to your request right away during regular business hours.